All Over The Road
Slowly but surely I am creating my web presence. I imagine it will take a lot of discipline to keep any blog up to date. And it probably takes a big ego to think that you have a something interesting to say every day. Well, let's hope I can find enough to keep talking - although talking to oneself is talent worth developing.
Click on the player below to listen to my selection of tunes from International Artists Company website while you browse - and support independent artists!!


Station at KIAC and IACmusic.com

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

If you don't laugh, you'll cry

The credit crunch is hitting hard in the UKImage by tigitogs via Flickr

As the financial crisis bites deeper around the globe, people are reacting in the best way they know how: with a laugh!! The only other option doesn't bear thinking about.

FACTBOX-Jokes making the rounds on financial crisis | Reuters
Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:39am BST

(Reuters) - The financial crisis may ruin some banks and throw thousands of people out of work, but it has generated a wealth of jokes spawned by gallows humour.






Here is a sample:

Q: What's the definition of optimism?

A: An investment banker who irons five shirts on a Sunday evening.

An investment banker said he was going to concentrate on the big issues from now on. He sold me one in the street yesterday.

A man went to his bank manager and said: 'I'd like to start a small business. How do I go about it?' 'Simple,' said the bank manager. 'Buy a big one and wait.'

The credit crunch is getting bad, isn't it? I mean, I let my brother borrow a tenner a couple of weeks back, it turns out I'm now Britain's fourth biggest lender.

Q: What is the difference between an investment banker and a pigeon?

A: A pigeon can still make a deposit on a BMW

Q: What is the difference between an investment banker and a large pizza?

A: The pizza can still feed a family of four

Q: What does a hedge fund manager with no fund to manage say?

A: Would you like fries with that sir?

Q: What is the capital of Iceland?

A: About $3.50

I tried to get cash from the ATM today but it said "insufficient funds." I don't know if that meant them or me.

And finally:

Mark Twain was ahead of the curve: "October. This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August and February."

(Reporting by Niklas Mika and Michael Shields; Editing by Paul Bolding)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
AOR (All Over the Road) by dublinjames is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.