All Over The Road
Slowly but surely I am creating my web presence. I imagine it will take a lot of discipline to keep any blog up to date. And it probably takes a big ego to think that you have a something interesting to say every day. Well, let's hope I can find enough to keep talking - although talking to oneself is talent worth developing.
Click on the player below to listen to my selection of tunes from International Artists Company website while you browse - and support independent artists!!


Station at KIAC and IACmusic.com

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Pete's blows off some steam at journos ... very eloquent. Rock on Mr T!

Peter Townshend from The WhoImage via Wikipedia

The Who Official Band Website - Roger Daltrey, Pete Townshend, John Entwistle, and Keith Moon | Pete's Blog
Pete's Blog

6th July, 2008
RESPONSE TO AN ARTICLE BY SIMON JENKINS’ IN THE SUNDAY TIMES
There is little point trying to respond to the obvious glee of journalists celebrating the fact that musical copyright has collapsed and that musicians must face working live to reach an audience. It would be hard to find a musician who would refute that there is magic in congregation. In my own work I have celebrated it endlessly. As for the record industry, I'm stunned at how many fools there are who don't see that it operated once just as literary publishing houses did - the pop hits were like the crime pot-boilers that paid for the poetry. Without the pop, the seriously adventurous composers would never have been recorded at all. Without a record company I would not have been able to survive awkward periods of my creative cycle, the simple ups and downs of life. I don't sack someone just because they have a baby or get sick or depressed. My record company allowed me the same license to fail to show up for work sometimes. They stood by me. iTunes simply doesn't have the heart, it is software attached to a bank, nothing more, nothing less. Brilliant, but heartless.
Zemanta Pixie

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
AOR (All Over the Road) by dublinjames is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.