All Over The Road
Slowly but surely I am creating my web presence. I imagine it will take a lot of discipline to keep any blog up to date. And it probably takes a big ego to think that you have a something interesting to say every day. Well, let's hope I can find enough to keep talking - although talking to oneself is talent worth developing.
Click on the player below to listen to my selection of tunes from International Artists Company website while you browse - and support independent artists!!


Station at KIAC and IACmusic.com

Thursday, February 28, 2008

My uncle Hedley Whitehead passed away last week after a prolonged illness in Scotby, Carlisle aged 92.
He is survived by Olive, his two children (ok, grown men with families) and four grandchildren.
He was my father's youngest brother - my father passed away in 1968 and the other brother, Eric in 1981. They are survived by their only sister, Doreen.
Hedley was an amazing man who swam every day into his 90's. And he had a very distinguished career as the chairman of a bank, director of an insurance co-operative and local magistrate. It is a cliche to say but he will be truly missed by all who knew him.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
AOR (All Over the Road) by dublinjames is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.